Communications Specialist, Consumer ProductsApply NowApply Later Job ID 799201BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
This role will provide critical monitoring support with a focus on escalating media alerts, traditional and social media monitoring and analysis, and marketplace intelligence. This specialist also supports the day-to-day technical operations for mailings, the business to business website, employee portal, metrics, surveys and other communications platforms.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with the media landscape, as well as issues management data analysis. This individual should also have the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into compelling, actionable insights for stakeholders across the business.
This role will report to the Manager, Communications Operations with dotted line reporting into the Manager, Public Affairs. The role will also work in collaboration with the DPEP Insights team as needs arise.
- Serve on crisis communications response team, monitoring and proactively flagging relevant breaking news for senior executives
- Deliver ad-hoc cross-platform coverage reports and actionable qualitative and quantitative insights quickly to assist internal stakeholders with time sensitive business decisions and issues management/crisis response
- Provide thoughtful, data-driven analysis, identifying trends in coverage that relate to business priorities
- Consistently read, watch, listen, and engage with traditional and social media to stay apprised of evolutions and trends in the consumer and media landscapes
- Monitor and understand key issues and trends in the external landscape impacting CPGP and DPEP's reputation - including conducting primary research - working to anticipate and proactively address any key issues or opportunities that may arise
- Provide real-time media monitoring, analysis, and research support, across traditional and social media platforms through the use of Boolean logic queries
- Access social APIs to determine how to develop issue alerts, dashboard integrations and historical data access for media monitoring
- Conduct research, assist with social media analyses and draft reports for issue-based monitoring
- Provide support for select aspects of business intelligence program through guided marketplace monitoring
- Draft written materials, daily news briefs, and media alerts
- Maintain calendars, archival information and media resources
- Manage Global internal email distribution lists in Excel by audience and messaging including timely updates related to organization changes, data validations, list comparisons and coordination with HR and other business partners
- Create, manage and execute timelines and processes for web site updates including sourcing, coordinating and posting of assets
- Track, measure and analyze email and site metrics as well as create performance and trends reports to help provide insights for content planning and strategies
- Manage and execute operations of HTML email newsletters and campaigns including timelines, mailing list management, production, testing and analytics
- Publish and validate content using content management systems and HTML hand-coding while following and ensuring web best practices
- 3+ years of related experience
- Excellent project management, research, and writing skills
- Relentless attention to detail and exceptional proofing skills
- Familiarity with media monitoring tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Cision, Critical Mention, and NetBase
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present in a clear, concise, and readable manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- An approach that features a high degree of professionalism and commitment
- Strong communication skills, an ability to take initiative, and to collaborate with others
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, along with the ability to weigh the needs of varied, often conflicting, stakeholders
- Willingness to embrace a fast moving, action-oriented environment with a “can do” attitude
- Experience with problem solving and coming up with creative solutions
- Experience with email and web metric tools and interpretation/analysis of data
- Strong computer and web literacy (HTML/CSS and content management systems a plus)
- Proven ability to manage projects, troubleshoot and problem-solve simultaneously in a fast paced environment with all levels of stakeholders and multi-disciplinary team
- Digital/social media data and conversation/sentiment analysis experience
- Some PR/media relations experience or deep interest in the media landscape
- Some agency experience preferred
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
Additional Information:This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.