Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Community Engagement Intern, Corporate (LA) - Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 529224BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 02/28/2018
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Los Angeles Community Engagement and Disney VoluntEARS team is part of Disney Corporate Citizenship. This passionate team is responsible for managing Disney’s charitable outreach efforts in the greater Los Angeles area, along with developing and implementing a variety of meaningful volunteer service opportunities for over 10,000 locally based cast members and employees. Last year, the Disney VoluntEARS logged an impressive 75,000 hours of service in the Los Angeles area alone and you can help make the magic happen!
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
On any given day, the Los Angeles Community Engagement Intern will have the opportunity to support the programs of the team by communicating with fellow cast members and employees about upcoming VoluntEARS projects, handling logistics for a community event and working with the dedicated Disney VoluntEARS Leadership Council as well as with representatives from the business units on meaningful outreach opportunities that make a difference in the community. Major responsibilities include:
- Using Disney’s online system, post volunteer projects to market events and recruit sign ups
- Post detailed project information, photos and event wrap-ups on Disney Backlot
- Monitor and respond to inquiries from the Disney VoluntEARS email inbox
- Update and maintain the Outreach Newsletter distribution list
- Assist with Disney VoluntEARS Leadership Council meetings and logistics
- Handle Disney VoluntEARS T-Shirt distribution
- Coordinate distribution and logging of Disney In-Kind donations
- Support Los Angeles Community Engagement program logistics – booking rooms, ordering meals, etc.
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Highly motivated and dedicated individual who has the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Proven background in volunteering – through their school or service clubs
- Strong communication, computer and organizational skills
- Team player
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Finance, Public Relations, Business Administration, Event Planning or a closely related field
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 29 hours per week) for the duration of the internship, plus full time in the summer months
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Glendale and Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.