Compensation Manager (International)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10003397 Location Glendale, California, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Summary: Compensation Manager
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Compensation Managers assist in the planning & development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs for Cast Members, Imagineers and Crew within Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products. They are responsible for providing advice and counsel to leaders pertaining to the total rewards strategy of their workforce. They also assist with researching and evaluating alternative programs to help attract, retain and engage the employees in the organization.
This role will focus on our international work force and project manage a variety of global initiatives, ranging from internal process improvements to client driven programs. These projects may include: global role alignment and job leveling; conducting benchmark studies to determine market position; collaborating with and influencing our partners from other segments in providing recommendations; and providing recommendations to senior leaders within the organization.
Given the global nature of compensation, this position will have the opportunity to work very independently and to interface and work with peers and leaders from other parts of The Walt Disney Company, including other segment compensation partners, to gain and share a broad knowledge of compensation practices. This role will help to collaborate and influence perspectives.
This is a hybrid role and may be based in California or Florida.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for our International population and peer leader for our team members with regards to our International cast
- Partner with our regional compensation teams on benchmark assessments; actively seek market intelligence and industry-specific data to inform appropriate solutions for assigned clients
- Independently Project manage compensation projects with peers and leaders globally
- This might include implementation of Comp Analyst for our Regional roles
- Collaborate with HR business partners in creation of consistent job families
- Ad Hoc projects that arise
- Integrate and Influence DPEP’s compensation philosophy/practices with partners around the globe
- Lead the integration of Annual Compensation Planning for areas with international populations, which includes annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive programs with partners around the globe.
- Partner with DPEP’s site locations (HKDL/SHDR/DLP) to ensure integration of segment processes and philosophies
- Take proactive action to address client needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Serve as a mentor for less experienced compensation professionals within the group
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Minimum 5 years of experience (within the last 5 years) in Finance, Human Resources or related field
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong collaboration and Influencing skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and business-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of leadership
- Proven analytical, problem solving, partnering and program-design skills
- Proven experience in compensation
- Proven experience in project management
- Experience with Workday and/or compensation planning systems
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Prod & Interactive Media, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Prod & Interactive Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.