Consumer Insight ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 736941BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
To enable the continuous development of key metrics and rich insights, Consumer Insight’s internal quantitative research capabilities include survey instrument development, digital and in-person survey administration, structured and unstructured data management, research account services, and advanced technology platforms. Additionally, Consumer Insight executes qualitative primary research, leverages an extensive array of secondary research sources, and partners with external research agencies to gain deeper understanding of market trends. Internal partners of Consumer Insight span all functions and lines of business across the enterprise.
Responsibilities:The Consumer Insight Manager will be responsible for all phases of the market research process including needs identification, project design/management, survey/discussion guide design, liaising with internal partners and external vendors, analysis, synthesis and presentation of objective, clear and actionable insights. The successful candidate will have proven success in designing, executing, managing and leveraging actionable consumer research applying industry-leading tools, innovative techniques, and advanced methodologies both in the qualitative and quantitative arenas. This role supports the development of websites, mobile apps, and in-Park digital guest experiences.
This role will be located in Glendale, CA
- Minimum 5 years market research experience
- Experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Experience building relationships with internal partners/stakeholders
- Experience sharing a point of view with internal partners/stakeholders verbally and in written form
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Effectively translate data and analysis into compelling presentations / written communications
- Comfortable talking with consumers and Disney guests
- Effectively manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated experience with a statistical package (SPSS, SAS, R, Python)
- High proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience moderating
- Expertise with a statistical package (SPSS, SAS, R, Python)
- Experience partnering with vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, marketing, statistics, sociology, psychology, business, economics or other related field
- Master’s or doctoral degree in market research, marketing, statistics, sociology, psychology, business, economics or other related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.