Content Operations Manager - AssetsApply NowApply Later Job ID 771183BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 24, 2020
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon our company’s legacy yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Global Content Operations team and will be responsible for leading the administration of the Global Content Operations centralized asset repositories, maintaining taxonomies, metadata and file structures in current and future state systems, and facilitating asset requests from across the company for Disney+ artwork and video files.
This role will be in a position to support our Creative and Marketing teams that create content for Disney+ Originals, establish relationships with business leads and end-users, and interact with internal support resources to support the efficient flow and approval of assets through the Disney+ ecosystem.
This role will also lead the efforts on how content will be stored and structured on a future-state system, identifying the best strategy to complement and support various content workflows that various business segments will be operating within. This role will require a person that can interact with senior leadership members as well as vendor representatives. Accurate and precise communication skills will be expected
Responsibilities:● Act as the primary liaison between internal business units, external creative agencies, and solution partners in managing assets being ingested and shared in the Content Operations DAM
● Take inventory of all current assets, apply standard naming conventions, methods of DAM best practices, as well as quality review and any necessary edits or adjustment of content
● Provide administrative functions within the DAM solution; user account provisioning, access level settings, taxonomy configurations, metadata model creation, data archiving, and disaster recovery policies
● Provide initial QA check on all assets before making them available to design and development teams within Global Content Operations’ DAM solution
● Work closely with Global Content Operations’ Systems/Engineering teams in leveraging support when needed
● Manage issue tracking/resolution process and troubleshoot any issues that arise within the DAM system
● Understand data analytics within a DAM system and generate regular reports and analysis
● Drive the progress, growth, and maturity of our asset management practices by maintaining industry knowledge on current solutions available, asset management trends, and general (industry) media production trends
● Identify unique ways to improve the organization and management of the digital asset life cycle, archives management, and asset cataloging
● Provide training to new users of the Global Content Operations’ DAM and other asset repositories
● Maintain close rapport with the DAM vendor for updates and new releases (bug fixes, patches, feature requests, enhancements, and new functionality)
● Facilitate asset requests for Disney+ & Library artwork and video assets
● Maintain a close relationship with legal to understand security protocols and asset permissions
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in the digital asset management space.
- Experience administrating and managing DAM/MAM systems as this position will serve as Global Content Operations’ Administrator and primary contact
- Media and Entertainment experience within a Production, Post-Production or Content Streaming platform
- Experience working within a creative/design agencies
- Knowledge of various digital asset file formats (audio, video, image, and document)
- Must have experience with Adobe applications (CS Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Must have a thorough understanding of file formats and resolution configurations for optimized display settings.
- Thorough understanding of data security best practices a plus.
- Keen design sense and ability to select/source content that best represents the asset title request(s)
- Ability to dissect workflows and make tool recommendations that lead to more efficient and effective processes
- Ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact for the business
- A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.