Content Planning Coordinator (Global Strategy)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7109511420211128 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jul. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits deliver.
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
The Content Planning Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Content Planning & Scheduling arm of the Disney+ Global Programming team. This role will work closely with our release planning team to track high volumes of content-related data, including domestic premiere dates, market release strategies for key titles, and title components (eg, localization). This position will report to the Senior Manager, Content Planning.
- Support Content Planning team with day-to-day tracking of global current slates, premiere dates for US/Canada library, and key global library (eg SVOD dates, market rollouts)
- Create weekly calendars and reports to visualize premiere date plans and market rollouts; distribute with key stakeholders, creating multiple versions as needed by partner
- Attend meetings with a professional and enthusiastic attitude and take notes when needed. Handle any challenges with a solution-oriented mindset, and provide ad hoc support on projects and tasks across the Content Planning & Scheduling team.
- Experience in slate planning, content strategy, content curation, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment, with SVOD experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization.
- Skilled with Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs, and other relevant software tools. Ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed.
- Analytical mindset, ability to understand how to apply data and insights to strategy to help drive results.
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit. A positive, forward-thinking attitude where no task is too small.
- Proactive mindset that allows for self-sufficiency when it comes to finding solutions or learning new skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years’ experience in a related field
- SVOD experience a plus.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.