Content Planning Lead – D+ InternationalApply NowApply Later Job ID 874794BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 06, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
- Manages tracking and reporting of Disney+ premiere dates across territories, in partnership with global and local planners (Originals, Library, and Acquisitions). This includes tasks such as tracking current series, competitive titles, and Pay 1 movies to inform the overall planning strategy.
- Day-to-day contact for supply chain teams (Global Content Operations, Sales Planning, Avails Team, LTS) to confirm licensing availability, asset readiness, localization (subs/dubs), and other requirements for successful title sunrise. Coordinate across multiple teams to verify that milestones have been completed on time and communicate any challenges/risks to local planners.
- Support in packaging strategy, calendars, reports, and content plans into data-informed summaries and/or high-level presentations for executives. Includes preparing documents for various title inventory requests.
- Represent Disney+ Content Planning & Scheduling in meetings with a professional and enthusiastic attitude. Handle any challenges with a solution-oriented mindset, and act as project manager for ad hoc requests and deliverables as they arise.
- Experience in fields related to slate planning, content strategy, content curation, localization, lifecycle planning, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment. SVOD or Linear TV experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Diplomatic mindset and
proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization. Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to identify and execute on opportunities to improve title planning and recommend solutions that drive impact to the business.
- Ability to effectively prioritize deliverables in a fast-paced environment, and effectively communicate with other managers and/or team members about said deliverables.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs, and other relevant software tools. Ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed.
- Analytical mindset, ability to apply data and insights to strategy to drive results.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Proactive mindset that allows for self-sufficiency when it comes to finding solutions or learning new skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.