Content Programming Associate Manager - Experimentation (Disney+)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 808282BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 10, 2021
Disney Streaming encompasses the team’s leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
Disney+ Content Programming is responsible for ensuring the Disney+ and Star+ global frameworks drive audience engagement and discovery with local relevance. This Associate contributes to that by implementing optimization and experimentation plans globally.
- Develop, manage and publish experimentation merchandising in the service
- Manage programming content optimization testing needs, and testing implementation as needed.
- Manage and ensure a rigorous, thoughtful, and globally coordinated testing schedule
- Develop content programming and merchandising analysis and on-going dashboards as needed, in partnership with data teams
- Leverage market & service behavior data, audience research to drive data and analytics that determine effective programming strategies.
- Partner with programming data & insights to take action on findings.
- Track performance of merchandising areas of the service over time.
- Collaborate on regional and territorial editorial merchandising and promotion.
- Facilitate verbal and written communications between teams, and to the larger organization.
- Sustain existing projects or leading projects as assigned.
- Act as liaison or advocate with business partners as needed.
- 1+ years of experience using SQL
- 2+ years of experience with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Hands-on experience in advanced data analysis
- 2+ years of experience in digital media, programming, analysis, including hands-on CMS, tools, and deep spreadsheet experience expected.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Understanding of TWDC and general entertainment content libraries, brands, franchises, and characters.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms, including hands-on CMS publishing and management of web, app, streaming, and connected devices.
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
- Must be open to thinking outside of traditional models
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Advanced data literacy.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- 1+ year experience with TWDC brands, franchises, and content.
- General entertainment and international content experience a plus.
- Additional language and character set fluency (written) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.