Content Programming CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727301BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 04, 2019
The Content Programming Coordinator will be responsible for supporting global content programming on Disney+, through publishing programming, and coordinating projects. This position will report to the Director, Content Programming.
- Publish Disney+ content programming, with direction from audience leads
- Write and edit copy for Disney + platforms and areas of responsibility as needed
- Support editorial merchandising and promotion strategies
- Support editorial localization & translation process with operations teams
- Coordinate Disney+ content optimization across global programming teams
- Partner with TWDC marketing and global programming teams to ensure all priorities are coordinated appropriately
- Track priority content campaigns
- Facilitate verbal and written communications between teams, and to the larger organization
- Partner with programming data & insights to take action on findings
- Ad hoc support on a variety of projects, as they are assigned
- Experience in slate planning, content strategy, content curation, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment, with SVOD experience preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passion for the TWDC content library, brands, franchises, and characters.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms, including hand-on experience with content management systems.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
- Must be open to thinking outside of traditional models
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams.
- Advanced data literacy.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Can manage multiple projects in varying stages of development.
- Highly organized with excellent follow through.
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- 1+ years experience in digital media, programming, and marketing.
- Bachelor's Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.