Content Programming ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 770386BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 18, 2020
- Own day-to-day editorial operations for areas within the service, including creating and updating pages, content calendars, schedules, analytics, and other deliverables as needed.
- Manage Disney+ global content programming to maximize audience engagement and retention.
- Implement high-impact, curated programming events that leverage TWDC brands and franchises.
- Track performance of merchandising areas of the service over time.
- Leverage market and behavior data, audience research to drive data and analytics that determine effective programming strategies.
- Partner with programming data & insights to take action on findings.
- Partner with programming content optimization on testing needs, and testing implementation as needed.
- Collaborate on regional and territorial editorial merchandising and promotion.
- Partner with TWDC marketing and global programming teams to ensure all priorities are coordinated appropriately.
- Partner with franchise and IP teams to support priority content campaigns.
- Write and edit short copy for Disney+ editorial areas of responsibility.
- Facilitate verbal and written communications between teams, and to the larger organization.
- Sustain existing projects or leading projects as assigned.
- Act as liaison or advocate with business partners as needed.
- 2+ years’ experience with TWDC brands, franchises, and content. Kids content experience a plus.
- 4+ years’ experience in digital media, programming, and marketing.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of TWDC content library, brands, franchises, and characters.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms, including hands-on management of web, app, streaming, and connected devices.
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
- Must be open to thinking outside of traditional models
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Advanced data literacy.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Can manage multiple projects in varying stages of development.
- Able to lead people (indirect teams) to deliver above expectations
- Bachelor’s degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.