Already applied?View Dashboard
Contract Reporting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 666338BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 09, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This is an entry-level professional position that requires a basic understanding of residuals, participations and key talent deal terms. Contract Reporting Analysts / Participation Systems Analysts are expected to develop competence by performing structured work assignments. They use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems and receive instruction, guidance, and direction from others.
- Provide talent reporting by analyzing deal terms as outlined in negotiated agreements
- Manage and support the integrity and development of third party reporting through front of house system queries and reconciliations to the general ledger (SAP)
- Reporting review and analysis to ensure output and payment adheres to contractual terms
- Reconciliation of payments to the general ledger and Ultimate projections by title
- Communication with all business units to ensure data requirements are delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- System testing and implementation of new process improvements
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting
- 0 to 2 years accounting experience
- Business Expertise
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience
- No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for developing technical contribution
- Work Complexity and Problem Solving
- Completes basic to moderately complex tasks and projects that require an ability to recognize the need to occasionally deviate from accepted practices
- Typically works on semi-routine assignments
- Uses independent judgment within defined policies and practices. Interprets guidelines, select methods, techniques and analytical approach
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Communication & Customer Service Relationships
- Information sharing – gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instruction and reporting results
- May maintain communications with both internal and external contacts
- Internship experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.