Coordinator, Integrated Planning, Marvel GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 10030293 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Are you the detail-orientated party member who always finds a path no one else could see? Do you love watching a product come to fruition knowing you were the one behind the scenes helping meet the hard deadlines? Do you have an undeniable love for all things Marvel and a serious passion for video games? If so, this may be the perfect job for you! Marvel Games is an IP-driven licensing business with a team of best-in-class talent, who manage a portfolio of mobile, PC, console, and VR games that taps into a massive library of more than 9,000 Super Heroes and Super Villains, that leverages the very best game companies on Earth. And, we are looking for a collaborative coordinator to join us!
As Coordinator, Integrated Planning on the Marvel Games Team, you will work closely with your fellow Marvel Games colleagues - our Business, Creative, and Product Development teams - as well as other Marvel and The Walt Disney Company business units that support our efforts through various activations, helping build a 360-degree support plan for our games. Your primary goal is to coordinate schedules, details, and deliverables for projects and activations supporting titles across the Marvel Games portfolio, in addition to helping track and record the ever-growing possibilities for each respective game.
- Resiliency maxed – You have at least three years of experience in the entertainment, gaming, or other related industry, coordinating across multiple teams and varying lines of business as well as organizing and calibrating project demands to deliverable goals. Undergrad required, Business Degree strongly preferred.
- A dependable off-tank – You have the skills and wherewithal to keep project members on target, and you know how to stack stamina in order to help lead the team through the challenges each project presents.
- Solo mission-friendly – You’re not only a quick learner, but you thrive when you’re given the chance to take on quests alone; you strive to find unique ways to make each solo mission meaningful, impactful, and hard-hitting.
- Intuitive, Eagle-Eye support – Like every project’s critical support role, you go beyond saving the project and its timelines despite the chaos and have a keen sense of what challenges might arise, so you know exactly what to do when they surface at an inopportune time.
- Multi-Class Spec’d – You have the ability to not only enact and deliver a project from start to finish, but you also have the chops to think up projects on your own, get creative to ensure goals are met, and know how to collaborate with multiple personalities and work styles in rapidly changing environment.
- A rallying optimist – You approach both good times and bad with a cheerful attitude and a sense of humor. You always see the light at the end of the tunnel, even after yet another raid boss wipe.
- People savvy – You understand the importance of good relationships and unique personalities, and you treat people the way you wish to be treated - within the team, the company, and all of our external partners.
- An effective communicator – You are able to communicate succinctly and effectively using all the tools of the trade: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Smartsheet, etc.; you never hesitate to be polite while getting straight to the heart of the matter.
- Passionate about games – We love playing games and watching them come to life. You do too.
- Maintain high volume of plans and schedules as well as manage communications for all cross-line of business and synergy projects and activations
- Brainstorm additional opportunities and activations for each title
- Coordinate all asset deliveries and ensure on-time deliverables for projects
- Draft and distribute guidance, updates, and protocols pertaining to synergy projects
- Upkeep vital records on all activations/projects
- Co-maintain marketing calendar and assist with publicity air traffic control
- Upkeep relations across multiple lines of business and vendors
- Review and provide constructive feedback on synergy proposals
- Handle other increasingly challenging projects as appropriate
You will need to send:
- Your resume
- A cover letter which should include your compensation expectations and must answer the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Marvel Entertainment?
- What would you bring to the Games Team that no one else can or will?
- What games you are currently playing?
- If you can be any Marvel Super Hero or Super Villain, which one would you choose and why?
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.