Already applied?View Dashboard
Coordinator, Partnerships ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 492729BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted Jan. 23, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel Partnerships is responsible for uniting third-party brands with Marvel films and TV shows to create global co-promotional campaigns.
We're looking for a Coordinator, Partnerships Services to join our talented team at Marvel Entertainment and to support our high-level Partnerships sales efforts.
Responsibilities:This position will provide operational support to the Marvel Partnerships team, allowing the sales group to effectively interface with all of the other departments that exist within the Marvel/Disney organization. The ideal candidate must have proficiency in Microsoft Excel and an extremely detail-oriented approach to his/her work. Ideally, this person will also have the ability to build strong relationships, be a team player, and proactively provide assistance whenever/wherever needed. The desire to learn and grow is a must, but the candidate should already have an existing knowledge of Salesforce, Excel and the Oracle platforms.
- Oversee the correct entry of all partnership deal terms into Marvel’s tracking systems (Salesforce and Oracle)
- Manage the overhaul of the team’s historical databases to ensure complete accuracy in regard to the tracking of past information
- Analyze each new incoming deal to help calculate itemized profits/losses
- Craft campaign recap reports that summarize the noteworthy elements tied to each film release
- Manage the workflow process that determines how to price out certain deals that include Marvel Custom Solutions and/or Digital Media components
- Construct and route deal memos to be distributed to key Marvel/Disney stakeholders whenever the sales team brings in a new deal
- Coordinate with the Project Management and Legal teams to determine the appropriate assignments for each partner
- May work on creative strategy projects as needed
- Ability to be flexible and to work overtime when requested
- Minimum 1 year of relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Detail-oriented with proven skills when it comes to organization and prioritization
- Excellent analytical skills and a quantitative mindset with a knack for reviewing extensive amounts of data and extracting the relevant points
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects at any given time and to operate within an organization that conducts business across multiple time zones
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be resourceful/flexible, all while maintaining absolute professionalism and confidentiality
- Must possess enthusiasm and a desire to take on increased responsibilities
- Ability to quickly learn internal processes and the basics of who to reach out to with questions
- Minimum 2 years of experience on the operations side of an entertainment business unit
- Experience in marketing related to film or television
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Majors in business, marketing, finance, communications, and/or advertising preferred
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Partnerships, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Partnerships, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.