Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Corporate Communications Editorial Internship, Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 875060BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
Responsibilities:Every day is different as an Editorial Intern, but responsibilities you can expect to fulfill are:
- Write stories for D23.com and Disney Newsreel, The Walt Disney Company’s official newsletter.
- Attend brainstorming meets to create ideas for D23.com, for stories, social, videos, etc.
- Assist as needed at red carpets and press events.
- Assist in help developing content for D23 Expo 2021.
- Manage miscellaneous department needs, including maintaining bibliography for Disney twenty-three publications.
- Assist in developing content for D23 Expo 2021 as needed.
- Experienced writer with a strong knowledge of movies, theme parks, and entertainment in general.
- Able to learn to write conversationally and with “Disney” tone.
- Self-starter who is eager to assist on a wide range of projects
- Knowledge of AP style.
- To be considered for this position, your resume must contain a link to your professional portfolio. This portfolio should showcase the following types of work: Writing: Professional writing, storytelling, and copy-editing.
- Strong knowledge of Disney IP—from movies and theme parks to television, streaming services, etc.
- Fluency with WordPress.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduated within the past six months with a major in English, communications, journalism, or closely related field
Additional Information:To be considered for this position, your resume must contain a link to your professional portfolio. This portfolio should showcase the following types of work: Writing: Professional writing, storytelling, and copy-editing.
•All students must possess unrestricted work authorization.
•All students must be at least 18 years old.
• At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participating in the program – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship.
•All candidates must be available from January through June.
•All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week.
•All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.