Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Corporate Events Tech Production Internship, Glendale, Summer 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 903004BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
The Corporate Events Team, as one subgroup within the Disney Corporate Creative Resources (DCCR) agency, supports Disney's corporate meetings, events, and conferences for Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, Employee Events, Human Resources, Enterprise Technology and D23 The Official Disney Fan Club, just to name a few. The Technical Production team is four members strong who collectively support 300+ events annually. We also provide technical supervision and coordination for the flexible 400 seat event space at the Grand Central Air Terminal in Glendale.
Responsibilities:Make an Impact by...
You will be supporting the general day to day of the internal tech team. Every day is different! It may include hands-on running of an event, planning a show for next week, and meeting to discuss an upcoming event...all before lunch! The ability to multi-task and hold several projects in your head at one time is a necessity.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of varying audiovisual elements [audio, lighting, video, staging, rigging] and support logistics [including but not limited to trucking/shipping] for corporate special events, conferences, and other meeting-based projects both virtual and in-person.
- Interfacing with vendors, suppliers, and staff
- Assisting in maintaining department equipment and general upkeep of the Grand Central Air Terminal event space
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role...
- Ability to operate an event’s audiovisual needs onsite. Hands on set up and take down of events, including the ability to operate/edit PowerPoint and Keynote presentations
- Availability to work flexible work hours, including nights and weekends, and lift 50lbs
- Availability to be on site for the entire D23 Expo 2022, Anaheim, CA September 3rd-12th.
- Experience leading a team to complete a set task
- Strong computer skills (to include but not limited to): AutoCAD, Adobe Audition & Photoshop, Keynote & PowerPoint, Zoom, Teams, Slack, MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Mac OS
- Excellent organizational, collaborative, verbal and written communication skills
- Technical knowledge of stage operations, lighting, sound, and video systems used at events. A basic knowledge of current lighting and sound boards a plus.
- Dedication to upholding the Disney Corporate brands
- Understanding of technical and stage union rules
- Knowledge of the Disney brand, processes and culture
- Comfort in driving a 16’ class C box truck
- Technical Theater [technical director, stage management track]
- Film/TV production [production management]
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2022 through September 2022
- Candidate must be available to work part time to full time hours (approximately 30-40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship and be available to be on site for the entire D23 Expo 2022, Anaheim, CA September 3rd-12th.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work in Glendale, CA
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.