Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Corporate Innovation Intern (Remote) - Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 865239BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 05, 2021
The Corporate Innovation team at The Walt Disney Company is a highly visible corporate team of professionals who act as in-house consultants/strategists responsible for the identification, analysis, development and execution of corporate innovation initiatives. Specific activities include developing data-driven hypotheses, strategies, and tactics to develop new businesses; identifying, evaluating and negotiating equity investments; managing a portfolio of current investments; incubating or accelerating potential new businesses, assessing emerging market opportunities and fostering innovation within and across TWDC's businesses. The team's activities and accomplishments have contributed to the global strategy and success of The Walt Disney Company across its business units: Studio Entertainment, Media Networks, Direct-to-Consumer International, and Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
As an intern on the Corporate Innovation team, you will be involved in sourcing, due diligence and monitoring business opportunities for potential business development and investments. The responsibilities center on analysis and research of relevant trends and technologies, and the respective companies in those sectors. Creating presentations of work will also be a primary function of this internship. The position may provide an opportunity to participate in the day-to-day operations of the Disney Accelerator program.
- Conduct research and due diligence on potential opportunities
- Prepare a variety presentation materials for corporate innovation team
- Assist with evaluation of industry research on technologies and markets with the potential to impact and/or disrupt the future of media and entertainment
- Research and identify critical technologies that impact the media and entertainment business globally
- Support assessment and due diligence of portfolio investments
- Investigate emerging innovation trends
- Participate in tech community outreach
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly organized person
- Strong communication skills
- Comfort wearing multiple hats in a very flat organization
- Must be proficient in Zoom, Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Keynote
- Passion for startups, venture investing and technology
- Ability to prepare presentation materials
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 through June 2022
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to provide quiet work space and reliable internet connection
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.