Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Corporate Tax Transfer Pricing Graduate Intern - Summer/Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 667093BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 13, 2019
Corporate Tax helps ensure that Disney pays the right amount of tax in all of the countries it operates in.This involves tax planning, compliance, and audit defense.Disney’s Corporate Tax team has people in California, Florida, New York, and Connecticut along with many countries throughout the world including the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and India.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
This internship will be focused on an area of international tax known as transfer pricing. Transfer pricing deals with ensuring that Disney’s intercompany transactions are priced in accordance with with market prices. Examples of projects include performing detailed economic and financial analysis, reviewing and capturing information about certain of Disney’s business deals, and supporting the team in researching and writing transfer pricing reports. The intern will have a good opportunity to work cross- functionally with different groups in Corporate Tax, Controllership, and Legal.
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Experience reviewing and/or writing legal contracts
- CPA and accounting work experience
- Candidate for Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or another related field.
- Masters candidate in a relevant field (e.g., taxation, accounting, economics) or 1st year law student.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2019 to January 2020.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.