Already applied?View Dashboard
Counsel – Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 647160BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 23, 2019
Job Summary:Disney+, the streaming service for The Walt Disney Company’s Direct to Consumer and International division, creates and streams content from across The Walt Disney Company’s impressive library, as well as new original scripted and unscripted programs, including theatrical films, television episodes, animation and short form content. The Disney mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through its wholly owned streaming service.
The successful candidate for this Counsel position will primarily support talent deals and video production for both the Digital Media line of business (e.g., the Disney Digital Network) as well as Disney+. In that capacity, the candidate will draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements including but not limited to onscreen talent, influencer marketing, services and production, and work closely with clients, providing legal advice on various laws, regulations and policies applicable to these businesses.
- Negotiate and draft contracts engaging talent (performers, writers, influencers, etc.) in connection with digital media and content sales initiatives, influencer marketing campaigns, and Disney+ original shows.
- Negotiate and draft contracts supporting high-volume short form video production for Disney owned and operated websites as well as third party sites; including location agreements, vendor contracts, equipment & transportation, releases, services, etc.
- Work closely with other Disney legal teams including but not limited to S&P and clearance.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to production staff, talent teams, sales, marketing and communications teams, as applicable. Issue-spot and seek/convey advice from TWDC legal experts and outside counsel. Proactively identify and help solve problems.
- Participate in training various internal teams on common production legal issues.
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be deemed necessary in support of Disney+.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience negotiating and drafting contracts for a studio or production company, preferably specializing in talent and production; a background in social media/digital entertainment is strongly preferred;
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise creative solutions and strategies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong drafting, negotiating and writing skills, as well as the ability to problem solve in an efficient, business-friendly, creative manner;
- An excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism and excellent attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of co-workers both internal and external;
- Must be willing to take ownership of projects and think proactively;
- Strong understanding of when to escalate issues;
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through projects with minimal supervision;
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload efficiently and effectively; and
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Law degree from a top-tier, accredited law school required;
- Membership in the California Bar or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.