Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Creative Art Direction Intern, Yellow Shoes, CA Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 698929BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
Who we are looking for. Do you love uncovering the Big Idea? Do you enjoy great storytelling and making concepts that people want to connect with? Do you understand the craft of executing flawless photography, typography and design? Do you “geek out” about technology, social platforms and how to use them to connect with audiences in engaging ways? If this sounds like you, then you are who we want.
Disney Yellow Shoes, is the award-winning, in-house creative agency for all of the Disney Destinations Division lines of business. Every day, we have fun creating compelling, memorable work for one of the greatest brands on the planet, and we’re looking for a very talented, ambitious Art Direction Intern to join us!
As an Art Direction Intern, you’ll create innovative and conceptual ideas for Disney Theme Parks and Resorts alongside talented team members and Sr. leaders. You will participate in ideation sessions with members of the Creative Department. You will take part in photo/video shoots, editorial sessions; collaborate with illustrators, photographers, designers, videographers and directors. You will have the opportunity to show your problem-solving skills and creative thinking skills for a range of advertising mediums. Social and digital by design, we expect EVERY intern to fully grasp the importance of thinking creatively in a tech-inspired world. You will also work in broadcast, print, and collateral. Solid, imaginative design skills and some understanding of the production process is expected. To be successful as part of our team, strong conceptual ability, an open mind and a passion to learn will take you very far.
Day to Day Expectations:
- Create concepts for the Disneyland Resort, Aulani and Adventures by Disney and more.
- Participate in ideation and strategy sessions along with senior creative leadership.
- Do creative research – you’ll identify and share the latest trends in digital, photography, design, typography and other emerging media.
- Assist in developing materials for creative/strategic presentations.
- Soup to nuts, tactical ideation. From the big idea to emails, to the smallest mobile banner ads.
- Maintaining and creating content for all digital and social channels associated with the Disney Destinations Group.
- Be proactive and participate. Never wait to be asked.
Basic Qualifications:Qualifications That Make You a Fit For Us
- You have an excellent student portfolio filled with smart, innovative work across all advertising mediums (broadcast, digital, print, social, radio, OOH, direct.)
- You demonstrate a strong strategic sense and a proven ability to turn deep consumer insights into great advertising.
- You are obsessed with craft, great design, typography, photography, cinematography and music.
- You are passionate about technology and storytelling.
- You champion big ideas and collaborate effectively with others to make them a reality.
- Proficient in Adobe C-Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of Motion Graphics and After Effects, is a bonus
- Knowledge and comfort working in Social Media and digital asset creation software (Live Canvas, HTML 5)
- Ability to work in presentation creation software (Keynote, i-movie)
- Working knowledge of an Advertising Agency and its processes or similar creative environment
- Ability to work against a deadline; being self-managed and having grace under pressure.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or ideate independently.
- Ability to deliver presentations to Sr. Creatives and the YS VP of Creative
- Whip–smart with a hunger to dive in and absorb as much information as possible.
- Reliable, with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Readiness to be mentored and groomed for professional success
- Basic knowledge and interest in the Walt Disney Company history– including films, animation, television and theme parks
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in Advertising, Design or a related field OR have graduated within 6 months of the start date of the internship
Additional Information:Materials Required:
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered**
**College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
**Showcase your Instagram/Pinterest link**
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 through June 2020.
No Housing Available in Glendale: Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.