Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Creative Copywriting Intern, Disney's Yellow Shoes, CA, Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 733815BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 07, 2020
Who we are looking for: Do you live for the Big Idea? Do you know how to make something emotional that people will want to connect with? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We’re Disney's Yellow Shoes, the award-winning, in-house creative shop for Disney Destinations Parks and Consumer Products. Every day, we have fun creating compelling, memorable work for one of the greatest brands on the planet, and we’re looking for one very talented Copywriter Intern to join us.
Responsibilities:Be a part of an original team and culture…
As a Creative Copywriter Intern, you’ll get the chance to stretch your creative muscles on one of the greatest brands on the planet. You’ll work closely with senior creative leadership, and get the opportunity to show your great ideas on a broad range of mediums: Broadcast, print, digital, social, out-of-home and collateral. Be a part of a transformative team and culture …
- You’ll support and create concepts for Disney Theme Parks & Resorts, Aulani and Adventures by Disney and more.
- Participate in ideation sessions along with senior creative leadership.
- Conception and writing compelling strategic and visual solutions for print, video, outdoor, digital and all advertising mediums.
Basic Qualifications:You Bring:
- Proficiency in Word and Google Docs
- Copywriting or related coursework academic knowledge
- Basic knowledge of how an Advertising Agency or similar creative environment works.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Walt Disney Company history including films, animation, television and theme parks
- Studied advertising or taken related coursework.
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in Writing, Advertising or a related field OR have graduated within 6 months
Additional Information:Materials Required:
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered**
**College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021.
No Housing Available in Glendale: Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.