Social Media Manager
Glendale, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765569BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 15, 2020
Job Summary:To help fuel the expansion of our Disney Consumer Products, Games, and Publishing (CPGP) business, we are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to help us grow our social media capabilities, driving awareness and sales for our direct-to-consumer business.
Reporting initially to the Director of this team, you will develop Paid and Organic social media campaigns on multiple social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Tiktok). You will collaborate with other channel managers to create cohesive and integrated cross-channel experiences. You will partner with our creative teams and agencies to develop the most engaging content for our different audiences. You will dig into analytics to find improvement opportunities, and create testing programs to guide insights and improve performance.
If you geek out over all things social, are passionate about pushing boundaries, stay naturally up-to-date on the latest related trends, and if a combo of data and curiosity fuels your compass when you venture out into the unknown, then these ARE the droids you’re looking for!
Note: Please include in your application one sample Facebook post that got high engagement, one sample Facebook ad focused on awareness, and one for conversion/retargeting. Additionally, please share the story of WHY these posts are noteworthy (i.e., why was engagement so much higher for this than what you traditionally see?) Please send as either attachments or links to recent work.
- 3+ years wielding Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter advertising to grow a B2C retail operation. Bonus points if you can demonstrate 20% year over year growth (or more)
- Help outline, build, and execute a comprehensive social media strategy that works cohesively with other paid channels.
- Can provide creative direction and educate others internally on the best ways to adapt social media best practices,
- Experience and curiosity when it comes to experimenting with new ad formats
- A love of testing your way through growth, using data to find, challenge, and socialize new opportunities.
- Use web analytics tools to report on goals. find improvement opportunities, and manage daily social activity (experience with native platforms required, but also with Adobe preferred).
- Contribute to budget planning and manage allocation across different campaigns.
- Manage timelines and content to create a stream of new content to power campaign delivery and improve based on analytics.
- Expert with Facebook Business Manager and social media publishing platforms (i.e., Sprinklr, Curalate)
- Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data, and research ways to increase traffic
- Review success of campaigns and develop ways to improve
- Research new media platforms, trends, and industry opportunities
- Monitor and improve campaigns on a daily, and weekly basis to exceed engagement and performance goals.
- Test the effectiveness of our creative, partner with Creative to review results and iterate so we can continue to raise our social creative bar.
- Experience with tag and pixel management
- Proactively develop and propose new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Social media marketing experience with a B2C e-commerce organization
- Curious and highly data-driven
- A listener and a learner.
- A collaborator and communicator.
- Facebook Blueprint certified ideal
- Bachelor's degree required with a focus in Business or Marketing.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.