Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777918BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 22, 2021
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life, and create industry-shaping approaches.
The position would have three main functions – ownership of the integrity of existing assets in the DAM system, executing/helping define strategy around the data model, and supporting the cross-business metadata governance working group. There’s an opportunity for improving onboarding and user training as well. The Data Librarian will be able to focus on governance of the overall data model and integrations with other systems.
The day-to-day would mostly consist of running meetings with user groups to define cleansing strategy, both manual and programmatic metadata curation, standards and strategy, collaboration with business analysts on cleansing options, and streamlining existing workflows to improve metadata quality. The overall goal of the team is to work with both engineering and users to ensure the DAM system is providing TWDC with the best possible solution for asset management.
There’s a lot of brainstorming new ideas, testing new functionality, and networking with users. The system serves thousands of folks throughout Disney and partner agencies, so anyone on the team will get to know users from all over the company and beyond. The team culture is collegial – everyone is willing to advise or pitch in when their skills are needed.
- Support data curation of TWDC Asset Management solutions – adding value to assets via accurate metadata and organization
- Responsible for data normalization and cleansing
- Perform quality control of metadata by business unit asset managers
- Assist users in upload, search and research within TWDC DAM products
- Have experience with manual data cleanup projects
- Strong cataloging and description background
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with verbal and written communication
- Strong understanding of metadata standards and experience creating taxonomy
- Experience with media technologies and production workflows
- Detail oriented and organized
- Familiarity with learning and teaching new technologies
- Experience in Digital Asset Management
- Strong database usage and ability to understand data structures
- Familiarity with Media & Entertainment industry
- Membership in industry trade organizations (ALA, SAA, SLA, Siggraph, etc.)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Alternatively, 1-3 years work experience in a related field, preferably managing digital collections
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.