Data Science Intern, Glendale - Summer 2020
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 707673BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 30/10/2019
- Creating and optimizing audience segmentation models that enable us to target specific audiences based on brand affinities, app behavior, and video viewership among other things.
- Examining other ways to expand audience sizes and depth through look-alike modeling of behaviors within our own network of digital properties.
- Analyzing the performance of models in real-world campaigns and collaborating with the audience modeling team to optimize and refine the models.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving improvements across DTCI’s portfolio of offerings by using data. Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, you will develop, drive, and oversee new strategies to ensure the growth of the business and the overall bottom line.
- Perform business intelligence analysis and data mining on large, complex data sets to understand user behavior across the portfolio
- Help grow a multichannel advertising technology capability by leveraging internal and external datasets to expand our reach within and across platforms
- Build predictive models and algorithms to optimize products
- Develop new tools, statistical models, and analysis processes to improve how data is used across the organization.
- Distill and socialize insights across all levels of DTCI, as well as other segments of The Walt Disney Company to help drive decision making
- Design, analyze, and present results from controlled experiments to test hypotheses and improve best practices across the organization.
- Internship experience in business insights or similar field
- Experience with R, Python, or other statistical computing packages
- Strong experience with writing SQL to extract and manipulate data at the source
- Experience building complex visualizations in Tableau
- Excellent understanding of statistics and the ability to confidently translate statistical analyses into compelling and actionable recommendations
- Experience with predictive analytics and modeling
- Experience with Amazon Web Services / Google Cloud / cloud data platforms a plus
- Experience driving measurable results (monetization, engagement) with mobile or digital products across various business models
- Experience with consumer behavior and insights analysis (transactional and usage)
- A passion for digital products designed expressly with kids and families in mind
- Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a quantitative field (Math/Stats, Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or similar).
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 - August/September 2020. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.