Data Scientist - Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 724972BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
- Modeling, Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this data scientist will be tasked with creating models that ascribe value to content and can inform content development decisions.
- Experimentation: Develop test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically, technically, and statistically.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content.
- Work with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- 3+ years of analytical experience.
- 2+ years work experience using SQL
- 2+ years Python/R or other statistical programming language
- Experience with advanced data modeling and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
- PhD in an analytical field or equivalent experience.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.