Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
DCPI Machine Learning Internship, Glendale, CA - Summer 2018Apply Now Job ID 496815BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 11/14/2017
The Connected Consumer Platform team is a central technology organization responsible for creating platform components that can be used by any other team across TWDC to bring robust products to market quicker.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, regression, and rules-based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmaps
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Experience in systems software or algorithms
- Experience in Java, Perl, or C++
- Experience in scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and shell scripts
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and project management skills
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Can pull actionable insights from large datasets to solve complex and ambiguous problems.
- Research experience in a relevant field, such as machine learning, NLP, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, signal processing, data mining, artificial intelligence, or computer vision
- Some familiarity with data mining methodologies such as classification, regression, similarity matching, and clustering.
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques
- Familiarity with machine learning packages such as TensorFlow.
Required EducationPursuing a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree or PhD with coursework in some combination of: machine learning, human-computer interaction, information technology, computer science, data analytics, engineering, business intelligence, or design research.
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available from May - August 2018 or June-September 2018
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Glendale, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program