Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710547BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 08/10/2019
Job Summary:Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Marketing & Sales center of excellence for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Disney Travel Operations & Analytics (DTOA) team provides analysis across the digital modes used by guests/customers for browsing and purchasing high-quality merchandise across our franchises, from Disney to Marvel and Pixar to Star Wars.
The Digital Analyst must possess a passion for analytics and digital technology. He/she will play a critical role in delivering accurate, insightful analysis to drive decision-making throughout the organization. In order to succeed in this role, the Digital Analyst must be comfortable working with partner teams, conducting both planned and ad hoc analyses, preparing reports, and communicating insights to a variety of audiences. In order to excel in this role, the candidate should complement their analytical skills with technical understanding of how analytics systems work.
The position reports to the Sr. Manager, Digital Analytics and does not have direct reports.
- Manage the compilation and dissemination of regular (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) reports on performance of the digital channel.
- Generate insight from site data and communicate opportunities or issues.
- Collaborate with business, technology and analytics partners to determine needs and assist with defining data collection requirements.
- Work with technical resources to validate website tracking.
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for business and technical audiences.
- Leverage analytics to continuously recommend optimization tactics that will improve site performance.
- Support business unit teams, product management groups and other teams with ad-hoc reporting and in-depth website analysis.
- Define and execute quality assurance procedures to ensure accuracy of analytical output.
- Create presentations to highlight analysis and tell the story.
- 2+ years relevant work experience in an analytical field.
- 1+ years of experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
- Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to derive actionable insights from data and effectively guide decision-making.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5+ years web analytics experience
- Ecommerce experience
- Experience with A/B testing and website optimization
- Experience with SQL, Hive, SAS, Python, R and/or other programming languages
- Familiarity with mobile/app analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Mobile SDK).
- Ability to design tagging strategies and effectively QA analytics tracking on mobile platforms.
- Experience with push and in-app messaging analytics.
- Ability to apply statistical rigor to analyses
- Knowledge of web page construction and/or user experience design
- Experience with business intelligence tools
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in an analytical/quantitative field
Preferred EducationGraduate degree in an analytical/quantitative field or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.