Digital Business ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660430BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 22, 2019
Job Summary:The Digital Business Manager serves in a chief of staff capacity for the VP, eCommerce/ Digital Travel Trade within the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Technology & Digital organization based in Glendale, CA.
DPEP Technology & Digital leverages digital technology to grow a multi-billion eCommerce business, as well as to design and build end-to-end physical and digital Guest experiences. This team is focused on delivering the highest quality digital products across all Disney sites—including Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort—in line with the company’s most pressing priorities.
The Digital Business Manager is expected to provide executive support on special projects that support overall eCommerce business operations, including development of presentations, orchestration of team town halls, oversight of team budget and forecasting, and execution of internal initiatives.
- Function as a thought partner to senior leaders. Serve as an integrator on a wide variety of initiatives to advance segment operations and maximize the overall effectiveness of eCommerce leaders.
- Manage execution of internally facing projects and work activities across designated areas of focus.
- Support the creation and maintenance of the eCommerce annual operating plan, including project and portfolio budgets.
- Support the creation of the annual eCommerce strategic product roadmap, which drives the team’s high-level initiatives, exploring themes in innovation, industry best practices, and analytics regarding Guest preferences.
- Develop high quality senior executive presentations that communicate strategy, drive decisions, and share results. Work with other chiefs of staff across Technology & Digital to ensure a holistic strategy for leadership communication inclusive of digital, written, and video formats for all key meetings.
- Analyze data to inform strategic directions, drive decisions, and tell a compelling story.
- Cultivate partnerships with key stakeholders to identify and recommend areas of opportunity, current/best practices, recommendations for improvements and implementation of initiatives.
- Partner with Finance, HR, and Communications on various ad-hoc projects and business initiatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate leadership and other team meetings, including note taking, follow-up, and next steps.
- 3-5 years of work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, digital media or a similar position of operational and analytical rigor
- A self-starter who must be comfortable working both autonomously with minimal guidance and as a member of a collaborative cross-functional team
- A strong learner who is naturally curious and can rapidly absorb information and key insights
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex data sets and processes in an effective manner
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and prioritization skills, with persistent attention to detail
- High EQ and professional maturity, with demonstrated ability to engage at an executive level
- Outstanding multi-tasking skills, organization skills and teamwork capabilities
- BA or BS degree in related field
- MBA from top business school
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.