Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Digital Innovation Intern, Parks & Resorts Digital, LA, Summer/FallApply Now Apply Later Job ID 521938BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 01/31/2018
Digital Innovation Intern, Parks & Resorts Digital, Glendale, CA
Disney Parks & Resorts Digital (DPRD) is a division of the Walt Disney Company that is responsible for the creation of online, mobile, and other digital experiences at Disney’s vacation brands, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, Shanghai Disney Resort, Disneyland Paris Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, and other subsidiaries. DPRD is responsible for the design, development, and upkeep of Disney Resorts websites and mobile applications (i.e. Shop Disney Parks, My Disney Experience app, waltdisneyworld.com, etc.) to help Disney guests have a seamless digital experience.
- Partner and Produce ideation sessions including brainstorms, supporting the Innovation in Production team
- Promote a culture of innovation by staying up on trends and emerging technology; educating the broader team as necessary.
- Collaborate with various teams (Technology, Design, Product Management, etc.) to provide the valuable insights needed to create Disney Parks and Resorts digital experiences
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the table...
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor and eagerness to learn
- A self-starter, deep intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
- Fundamental understanding of research and reference best practices
- Experience with office productivity and presentation tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Apps)
- Familiarity with using research databases (e.g, comScore, Forrester, eMarketer, Lexis Nexis, Crunchbase, Pitchbook, Gartner)
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)