Digital News Associate (ABC News, LA Bureau)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10001661 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
A Digital News Associate (DNA) position at the ABC News, LA Bureau Assignment Desk is an ideal opportunity for junior level candidates to become part of the daily news gathering operation of a 24/7 global newsroom.
- Providing production support to the ABC News, LA Bureau Assignment Desk (answering phones, booking travel) as well as assisting producers and correspondents on assignments in the field.
- Writing stories for ABC News Digital platforms.
- Identifying, researching and pitching stories, making editorial calls and monitoring video feeds for the entire News Division.
- Active news consumer with genuine interest in journalism, production, and wide variety of current events.
- Excellent multi-tasker with attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Availability to work flexible schedules/extended hours/weekends, evenings, overnights.
- Prior experience in a broadcast or digital newsroom.
- Additional languages.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent in experience
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.