Digital Product Analyst Intern - Glendale, CA Spring 2020
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 701738BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 04/09/2019
The DPEP Tech and Digital intern will support the Product team in understanding and executing the strategic direction of digital products for Attractions and Entertainment, with a specific focus on mobile experiences. The DPEP Tech and Digital Intern will be responsible for translating that direction into various document types, including business requirement and rules documents, user stories and product specifications.
A successful intern working in Attractions and Entertainment with DPEP Tech and Digital will accomplish the following:
- Responsible for understanding the digital strategic direction of the product platform as outlined by the Product team.
- Manages the feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction outlined by the Product team.
- Refinement of the product approach and strategy and associated business requirement and rules documentation.
- The ability to drive ideas into action with a positive outlook and demonstrated ability to take personal initiative.
- Translates the digital strategy into clearly prioritized user stories and business requirements.
- Prioritizing Guest-centric and system-level experience stories and requirements.
- Effective use of product management tools to continuously share the product vision with delivery partners (e.g., Keynote, Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.).
- Attends daily scrums with development studios to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks.
- Assists the Product team in translating the digital vision into presentations that will be shared with Executive audiences and partners across the Organization.
- Actively participates in testing digital products, (some in Park testing may be required), opens defects, assesses the impact and follows up on fixes across teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in JIRA or similar system
- Strong proficiency in Keynote
- Proficiency in basic office productivity software and tools (MS Word, Excel, Vision; Google Sheets, Slides; Slack; etc.)
- Basic knowledge of web & mobile app development process, HTML, Content Management, Release Management, Project Management
- Demonstrated ability to juggle many projects and multiple priorities at once
- Ability to work independently and with bi-coastal and/or international teams
- Experience creating executive level presentations
- Solutions oriented and extremely organized
- Knowledge of data analytics with experience using tools like Tableau or Google Analytics
- Disney College Program Alumni
Required EducationCurrent Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Level undergraduate student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Systems, Digital Media or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be available to work full-time from January 2020 - May 2020
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.