Director, Acquisitions and LicensingApply NowApply Later Job ID 779492BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
- Partners with regional executives and local business affairs and legal teams, as well as domestic leadership, legal, sales, and programming teams.
- Reconciles deal points, ensuring consistency across various deals and international territories.
- Advises internal stakeholders on contractual and business guidance to advance Disney+ priorities within the context of the broader TWDC.
- Tracks standard terms and deal structures that should be applied across deals globally and locally.
- Partners with business and legal colleagues to implement best practices and processes in connection with business needs.
- Creates and maintains various contractual analyses and summaries.
- Provides timely and thoughtful contractual advice on potential risks and challenges, and proposes practical, responsive solutions.
- Communicates effectively to all internal stakeholders.
- Summarizes and communicates complex contractual analyses in an efficient and effective manner to a variety of audiences.
- 6+ years of related work experience within legal, business affairs, or a related field
- Experience in contract and general corporate law
- In-depth understanding of licensing agreements, industry landscape, and current competitive trends
- Ability to determine detailed contractual ramifications of deal points
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Well versed in global content market, with an expertise in direct-to-consumer streaming platforms
- Proven attention to detail
- Effective and collaborative communicator, with an ability to lead through influence rather than by hierarchy
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.