Director, Business AffairsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 740908BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Jan. 28, 2020
- Oversees third party rights acquisition and license agreement for use in connection with DPEP initiated talent/designer deals.
- Reviews property and talent rights globally.
- Manage business affairs function of consumer products clip clearance process for use of clips in products, advertising including securing talent approvals and coordinating payments.
- Analyze, structure and negotiate the merchandise related aspects of non-standard rights acquisitions, talent agreements and distribution agreements.
- Serve as contact for all other divisions of TWDC for rights and talent issues related to merchandise and licensing.
- Partner with Controllership and Contract Administration to provide guide on proper set up of property codes that directly impact third party participation payments.
- Act as Business Affairs lead on ESPN merchandising, including the structuring and negotiation of on-air talent rights.
- Business Affairs led for PR and Communications teams supporting commercialization.
- 7 years or more of on point studio media business affairs or legal affairs experience.
- Solid knowledge of guild and union agreements, contracts and intellectual property law.
- Exceptional negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities, first class communication skills (written and verbal) and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and also manage a team.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, financial analytical skills and verbal and writing skills (discussion, analysis, succinctly summarizing key issues.
- Must have a four-year degree and a J.D.
- California Bar Membership preferred.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.