Director, Content & Creative ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 751808BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 11, 2020
- Champion a new creative approach to content, cultivating fresh thinking and innovative ideas
- Develop a clear strategy and editorial voice for Disney Parks customized to respective platforms
- Provide creative and strategic leadership – with particular focus on delivering captivating editorial content for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Cast Members, guests, consumers and fans
- Lead production of high-quality, reputation-driving content through various mediums including written editorial, graphic design, photography, and videography
- Partner with Marketing/PR/Sales teams on distribution strategies designed to optimize for earned and paid engagements across platforms
- Plan and set the editorial and content programming cadence and calendar to capture ‘Always On’ and ‘Hero’ content across all editorial platforms
- Develop in-house content solutions that meet the needs of Communications & Public Affairs and support overall business strategy
- Reach new audiences by creating innovative content that can be amplified on new platforms and technologies
- Partner with DPEP technology engineers, designers, and business partners to ensure owned platforms/products are optimized for timely and relevant messaging tactics
- Stay abreast of trends and new external partners in the digital space to identify opportunities to drive fan engagement and editorial coverage
- Define, monitor, and report key performance indicators to measure the value of content
- Partner with Legal to streamline approval processes for various campaigns
- Foster a collaborative, positive, inclusive culture
- 10 years+ content / digital marketing experience
- A strong creative lens and point of view with exceptional storytelling and writing expertise
- Ability to work as a service provider to diverse businesses and clients globally
- Proven experience creating compelling content-led campaigns
- Fluent in developing comprehensive owned, earned media strategies to maximize campaign impact
- Strong relationships with digital platforms including YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
- Knowledge of technology trends and platforms
- Results oriented with knowledge in leveraging platform insights to drive growth
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude and willingness to jump in strategy as well as project implementation
- Willingness to lead a team of diverse skill sets and approaches within a matrixed organization
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.