Director, Content & Inclusion (TVA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 978678BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted May 30, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Identify and guide TVA social responsibility and community engagement efforts in partnership with Enterprise Social Responsibility leadership. Advise Environment & Events team on creating inclusive studio facilities and events.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with both internal and external diversity and advocacy organizations including TVA Affinity Groups and Disney BERGS to provide insight, direction, support for actions and assessment of results.
- Provide subject matter expertise, coaching, and guidance to TVA showrunners and producers to identify opportunities to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- As an industry leader and advocate, serve as the DEI subject matter expert by contributing perspective and knowledge while taking a balanced consultative approach to enable leaders and employees through strategic, tactical, and operational execution
- Set the strategy and execution of the TVA Storytellers Program, a studio initiative created to develop, train, and support up-and-coming diverse talent.
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with prestigious schools and universities that offer high-profile writing, art, and communication programs that cater to an underrepresented student population.
- Culturally advise on content, especially stories and characters, to make sure TVA content is accurate, authentic, inclusive, and devoid of stereotypes and tropes. Guide partners to evaluate opportunities across spectrum of representation and act as a resource.
- Establish and distribute accurate metrics and reporting to enable TVA business and creative leaders to assess performance and inform decisions on how to achieve objectives.
- Minimum 5 years creative management within the entertainment industry
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in multicultural and cultural competencies
- In depth knowledge of diversity best practices, concepts and programs
- Prior experience supporting Diversity & Inclusion efforts
- Prior experience in Communications/PR, or Learning & Development is desired
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.