Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Content SecurityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 546634BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 04/12/2018
Job Summary:Technology platforms are evolving rapidly, new business models are emerging, consumer viewing habits are changing, and new competition is arising from multiple sectors. It is an exciting time for the media and entertainment industry, and Marvel Entertainment is strategically positioned to inform the future of media through technical and business bravado that encourages a culture of innovation.
The Director of Content Security will be instrumental in the management and prioritization of initiatives supporting Marvel’s multi-faceted and evolving strategy as it relates to production and post-production supply chain security.
Responsibilities will include reviewing and conducting risk assessments of third-party vendors, production and post-production facilities, external applications, and cloud-hosted technologies that interact with or process Marvel pre-released content. S/he will create a function that has the ability to provide direction to business units and vendors on a daily basis when needs and escalations dictate a quick response.
Importantly, s/he must have the proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. This includes engaging with senior management, operations & engineering teams to communicate timelines, prioritization, risk and status.
- Lead the implementation and enforcement of content security best practices and guidelines in collaboration with internal Marvel businesses, vendors, and content partners/distributors.
- Advise and support internal departments handling sensitive content to ensure proper security controls and procedures are in place.
- Conduct and/or direct content risk assessments of vendors that work on Marvel content by evaluating workflow processes, vendor facilities, data centers, cloud-hosted technologies and other systems that interact with content
- Liaise with vendors and internal partners to identify, report, and remediate risks related to content security
- Support all aspects of the security assessments, including planning, fieldwork, reporting and archiving
- Evaluate and test vendor workflows, processes, controls and identify areas of risk
- Manage vendor assessment remediation projects and revalidation of security compliance
- Manage the Content Security online training program; launch new campaigns, follow up with outstanding trainees, ensure compliance, and track issues and areas for improvement
- Support increased digital security testing and content protection technology/anti-piracy testing
- Oversee physical security planning and execution at various events, including but not limited to: San Diego Comic-Con, WonderCon, SXSW, red carpet premiers, screenings, etc.
- Oversee facilities and building security for Marvel corporate offices in the west coast.
- Occasionally work non-standard shifts and/or on-call to support the requirements of the organization
- Travel will be required
- Minimum 6 - 8 years relevant Content Security experience
- Experience in Television Pre-Production and Post-Production
- Experience in Production and Editorial Technology
- Thorough knowledge of feature film production and post-production industries, services, and workflows (e.g., editing, visual/audio effects, localization, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge and technical skills around current and developing content security/anti-piracy technology, industry standards and regulations
- Strong knowledge of file formats and video specifications such as aspect ratios, frame rates, data rates, quality and resolution a must
- Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily
- Communicate at a technical level with technical professionals, as well as communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical management
- Self-starter with proven ability to successfully launch new initiatives and to drive complex issues through detail analysis and resolution.
- Proactive risk identification, mitigation and escalation
- Certifications in one or more of the following - CISSP, CISM, CISA, CPP, CRISC, CEH, ITIL
- Bachelor’s degree required
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.