Director, Development (Disney TV Animation)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7122525020220519 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Branded Television is looking for a Director, Development to join the Disney Television Animation team.
- Drive all aspects of development of new animation properties for both 6 to 14 and family audiences from concept through pilot delivery to series greenlight. Work with show creators to build worlds, flesh out characters, develop story engine, and establish design.
- Exceptional creative skills with regard to evaluating and giving direction on pitches, scripts, storyboards, visual development, rough cuts, casting, music and mixes. Strong sense of story and story structure. Comfortable with formal written and verbal story notes.
- Closely partner with development production daily and demonstrate a strong understanding of the production process.
- Collaborate with Casting, Music, Legal and Finance departments throughout the development process.
- Deepen DTVA reach into the animation community by finding and bringing new talent into the studio. Has established trusted relationships with talent, agents and industry executives within both the animation and live-action TV and feature space.
- Represent DTVA’s creative point of view, uphold network standards and production guidelines on all projects.
- 6+ years’ experience in development and/or current series production
- Proven knowledge of story and script structure
- Passionate about animation and family programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep industry contacts to artists, agents, writers, filmmakers and executives
- Proven networking capabilities with professional organizations, creative groups, alumni associations and interest in building strong relationships within TWDC
- Strong presentation skills
- Positive attitude and ability to be flexible and multitask in a fast-paced and non-static environment
- Proven ability to solve problems and interact with a wide variety of personalities
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in media, film or theatre, or equivalent work experience
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.