Director, Finance - Third Party CommercializationApply NowApply Later Job ID 775105BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Feb. 24, 2021
The Director, Finance, Third Party Commercialization, reporting to the VP, Finance, Global Third Party Commercialization, leads financial planning and provides strategic and analytical guidance for the Marvel Third Party Commercialization team and the cross-franchise Softlines category leadership team to drive revenue growth.
Responsibilities:The Director, Finance - Third Party Commercialization will provide strategic insights and recommendations, business development direction, and financial planning and analysis for Marvel licensing, Softlines category initiatives, and additional franchise growth opportunities such as Avatar. Works closely with Global and North American senior management to drive business results and support the day-to-day operation of the business.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of financial analysts
- Analyze business performance, including licensing royalty revenue from various perspectives and dimensions such as brands and franchises, product categories, licensees, consumer demographics, distribution channels, and market / industry analysis
- Proactively identify and implement tools to improve business insights and efficiency
- Monitor industry trends (i.e. media, retail, toys, consumables, softlines, games, consumer behavior) and interpret the strategic implications for the business
- Conduct competitive/market research to support business initiatives and long-term strategic direction including leveraging insights from other business areas such as CIMA and retail analytics, as well as industry research sources
- Formulate annual 5-Year Plan, annual budget and quarterly forecast, working closely with Third Party Commercialization and Finance teams
- Support quarter-end closing regarding revenue recognition and accrual process with an emphasis on forecasting accuracy
- Dive deeply into financial data, predict future financial trends, and proactively provide insights and financial advice to senior management
- Develop presentation materials and supporting analysis for senior leadership team, with emphasis on “story-telling” as well as quantitative and qualitative insights
- Lead or actively participate in various cross-functional projects for new business development, flexible business models, and global strategic business initiatives
- Partner with key executives to research, model, and evaluate a variety of strategic projects and initiatives – present recommendations clearly to support executive decision making
- Track and provide updates on new business initiatives across regions and franchises; develop and share best practices globally
- Provide financial and strategic support to North America and Global deal negotiations including collaborating with regional finance and business teams
- Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience, ideally 3-5 years post-MBA
- 1-2 years Director level experience preferred
- Previous work experience in consulting / consumer products / finance / brand management
- Strong understanding of the NA retail environment and evolution of retailing channels
- Strong analytical/project skills, capable of leading and managing an array of initiatives from project initiation through final presentation
- Experience with multi-national business operations
- Ability to implement major initiatives in multi-national work environments, often with complex team structures
- High-energy, self-motivated with a desire to excel in a demanding, entrepreneurial environment
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Able to communicate effectively with senior management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.