Director-Global DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 781714BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Global Development team is seeking an accomplished leader for the Director of Global Development position. This role requires extensive experience in leadership and influence, superior strategic thinking, proven analytical acumen, and excellent communication skills. A team-oriented attitude and a sense of fun are essential.
- Provide strategic direction, direct leadership and personal mentoring for a global team of highly talented individuals, including senior managers, managers, associates and analysts
- Lead development of work plans for projects under management and oversee strategic planning, research, modeling and analytics to incorporate outputs into overall project storyline, identifying past trends and predicting the future needs of our consumers/Guests
- Supervise all required analyses (market, competitive, operational, financial, feasibility, etc.), either directly performed by the GD team or in combination with key internal partners
- Develop and deliver recommendations on business growth opportunities, providing comprehensive leadership for the analytical work and incorporating insights and perspectives from senior management and key partners
- Deliver compelling presentations and actively contribute to meetings with senior leadership by providing input and feedback to enable timely and effective business and commercial decisions
- Serve as a strategic thought partner and develop relationships with key stakeholders in the business units to help them develop strategies to improve and grow their businesses
- Passion for the Disney brand and in particular, Disney’s theme parks, signature experiences and consumer products
- Enthusiasm for the markets and industries addressed by our segment
- International work experience
- MBA and/or professional certification (e.g., CPA, CFA) from a leading program
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.