Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, HR Business Partner (Walt Disney Imagineering)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 573754BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 02, 2018
Job Summary:“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products (DPECP) means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Director, HR Business Partner will support Walt Disney Imagineering and is responsible for guiding the development of HR strategies that will attract, develop and retain the breadth of talent required to drive client business success while optimizing the overall Cast experience. In this role, the Director is also responsible for leading a team of strategic business partners focused on developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR services inclusive of Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organization and Cast Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional Integration.
Responsibilities:This position requires an individual that can assess business situations as well as identify and implement the appropriate business, organization and / or people strategy solutions. Anticipating trends, making pro-active recommendations and advocating workforce diversity and workplace inclusion are critical components to the role. The Director works closely with HR functional partners to drive, integrate and implement HR strategies that enable the business.
- Eight years progressive leadership experience preferably managing core HR functions
- Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human capital implications
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize business data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions that are forward thinking and growth oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous priorities
- Resilience to work within a complex organization and find creative solutions
- Strong executive consulting and client relationship skills
- Proven collaboration skills with the ability to gain consensus through personal influence
- Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
- Demonstrated ability to invite diverse perspectives, promote an inclusive work environment and support workforce diversity
- Willingness to work and integrate with multiple partners
- Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience supporting a creative client group
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.