Director, IT AuditApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737145BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, is a diversified worldwide entertainment company with operations in four business segments: Media Networks; Parks, Experiences and Products; Studio Entertainment; and Direct-to-Consumer & International.
Reporting to the vice president of Corporate Management Audit (chief audit executive), this position will lead multidiscipline audit teams in conducting information technology (IT), operational and compliance audits throughout The Walt Disney Company. This position is located in Glendale, California.
The director is responsible for leading a team of ten or more integrated, IT and financial audit professionals and subject matter resources in performing concurrent fully-integrated and information technology-related audits in the areas of design, efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls. This professional oversees the completion of approximately 20 audits annually, including supervising audits to confirm audit quality, adherence to the department’s audit methodology, and timely issuance of audit reports. The director ensures that managers and staff auditors are effectively and efficiently utilized throughout the year and obtains competent advice and assistance from subject matter resources as needed. Directors are typically assigned responsibility for key business units and functional areas and act as Management Audit’s primary point of contact to those groups.
The director is also responsible for monitoring the IT control environment for the assigned segments of the Walt Disney Company, as well as working with business units to provide oversight related to compliance with internal security policies, privacy requirements and other industry guidelines. Additionally, the director will provide strategic leadership in the development of integrated systems designed to help management identify, manage, and monitor potential areas of risk, from both a financial and operational perspective.
- Assist in development and execution of the annual plan including linking strategic initiatives of the Company to key audit and technology risks. Understand business changes and adapt audit plan throughout the year
- Supervise audit engagements with a focus on analysis and assessment of the control environment associated with financial reporting, information technology, operational and compliance processes, as well as communicating audit results though well-written, concise and clear audit reports
- Perform regular, periodic follow-up on significant audit findings and recommendations to evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions
- Opine on various company-wide initiatives, such as system implementations and reviews of policies and procedures
- Investigate and research technical information technology, accounting and auditing matters
- Identify and maintain leading edge knowledge and audit techniques to improve the audit process and results
- Coach, train and mentor audit managers and staff in improving audit skills
- Develop and maintain relationships with external auditors
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience, including 5+ years of integrated financial/IT auditing experience (Big 4 audits experience preferred)
- Possess executive presence, excellent communication skills both oral and written (must be able to tailor their communication style as the candidate will interface with employees of all levels)
- Demonstrate strong data analytics capabilities, including visualization methods, techniques, and tools (e.g. Alterxy, Tableau)
- Superior knowledge of ITGCs, automated control environments, cybersecurity best practices, etc
- General understanding of database-driven financial reporting (Cognos, etc.), accounting systems (SAP preferred) and their associated controls and control environment
- Charismatic, dynamic leader and effective manager, who leads by example and mentors a team to meet high profile and dynamic objectives in a fast paced environment
- Excellent relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Ability to position oneself as a strategic partner to assist audit stakeholders in meeting company objectives
- Willingness to travel 20-40% domestically and internationally
- Practical hands-on management experience working within the internal audit function of a reputable public company, including 5+ years of professional experience within the Media and Entertainment industry, is highly desired
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with SAP, UNIX & Window operating systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems
- CPA, CIA, CISA or CISSP or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.