Director-Merchandise Sourcing SoftlinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 777501BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 06, 2021
You will serve in an essential strategic position using knowledge of successful global sourcing and product development strategies to guide value capture and increase efficiency across all markets and distribution channels (owned & operated retail and wholesale). The Global Merchandise Sourcing team has nearly 100 team members in 6 countries managing 600+ suppliers providing vertically developed merchandise for Disney stores, shopDisney.com, Parks & Resorts and wholesale partners worldwide.
You will report to VP, Merchandise Sourcing, and you will travel domestically and internationally (approximately 25%) to provide a presence with the location-based sourcing teams and supplier community.
This position can be located in Celebration, FL or Glendale, CA.
Sourcing and Product Compliance
- Manage a team that fosters a culture of protecting the Disney brand through responsibly-sourced quality merchandise that spans all Softlines categories distributed through Disney's owned and operated channels and wholesale partners
- Implement strategies in partnership with TWDC Global Product & Labor Standards to ensure compliance policies are met across all products and suppliers
- Execute merchandise quality, sustainability and risk management programs with best-in-class suppliers that evolve with both the needs of the business and industry standards
- Direct and lead teams to improve global merchandise productivity and profitability by identifying and mitigating cost drivers
- Lead supplier rationalization and increase leveraging of strategic suppliers across all direct-to-consumer businesses (Disney Stores, shopDisney.com, Parks & Resorts and flexible business models/wholesale)
- Guide sourcing strategies that evolve with shifts in trade policies and allow for flexibility through an on-going, active knowledge of a dynamic geo-political landscape
- Motivate and lead Sourcing team members through all aspects of supplier strategy, rationalization, placement, cost negotiation, product safety/quality and on-time deliveries
- Lead and direct employee development, engagement and diversity to promote a culture of collaboration and organizational vibrancy
- Build sourcing strategies that support global distribution while balancing need for localization and speed-to-market
- Lead sourcing strategies that maximize profitability and minimize risk with a goal of year-over-year improvement across categories
- Guide and facilitate consistent strategies that align with overall Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP) and Global Product Creation (GPC) vision.
- Seek new opportunities, ideas, techniques and materials to facilitate product development innovation
- Use knowledge of our products to manage the needs of diverse partners and ensure collaboration with cross-functional teams and vendors
- 8+ years of significant, proven experience leading merchandise sourcing teams on a global scale
- Experience gaining credibility and trust with diverse partners to include business leaders and senior executives across TWDC
- Have a working knowledge of international labor and regulatory standards and other established supplier performance schemes
- Achieve continuous improvement and a focus on efficiency and scale
- Robust leadership and talent development abilities and a collaborative and effective management style
- Guide teams through times of change across industry, global policies and business and product strategies
- Retail leadership experience at a global level
- Bachelor's degree in Merchandising, Product Development, Product Design, Business or Supply Chain
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.