Director, New Business DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 732114BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Global Products Commercialization, this leader is an integral member of the Consumer Products Commercialization organization and is based in Glendale.
- In collaboration with the Global Product Management team and P&L owners, support consumer new business data-driven category and go-to-market strategies for P&L stakeholders to meet and exceed revenue targets and growth objectives.
- Develop business plans that speed up the process of ideation to business plan development to execution into the teams.
- Continuously challenge the status quo to develop and champion strategies that reflect the demands of an ever-changing consumer while staying true to the Disney brand.
- Through product and retail data analysis, identify new category and go to market opportunities and strategies for new and existing products and franchises for the day in and day out CP business. Communicate and build momentum against these strategies and influence stakeholders to execute across the business.
- Determine single property and multi-property product opportunities for DPEP. Influence the right direction to achieve franchise strategy, product vision and consumer engagement to create products that become sustainable business drivers for long term retention and growth
- In partnership with franchise consumer products leads, operationalize cross-franchise team new business opportunities outside of GPM initiatives.
- In partnership with Global Product Management, coordinate and prioritize new business opportunities from planning to execution for the global CP and retail business.
- In partnership with Global Product Management, manage implementation and long-term operationalization plan of all new business model initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Global CP Franchise teams to understand franchise strategy and stage sets for all retail accounts with active flexible businesses.
- Assist in prioritizing projects based on business objectives and available resources.
- Establish timelines and manage resources to meet key milestones.
- Partner with senior creative, franchise and product development teams to ensure all projects are on strategy.
- Build and cultivate an effective relationship with the Global CP teams (Franchise, Product Strategy, Product Development, Sourcing/Production, and 3rd party retail sales leads), to advance business goals and ensure Disney’s premier position with its customers and consumers; communicating regularly and providing updates to the Franchise Commercialization team
- Collaborate and coordinate with members of the DPEP executive team in the development and execution of key, global growth initiatives as they relate to new business opportunities and geographic expansion.
- 7+ years progressive leadership experience in brand management, business development, marketing or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods sector
- Strong financial acumen: understanding of retail market place, revenues, market research, data analysis with ability to build and communicate a data driven strategy through story telling
- Proven experience and/or knowledge of consumer products/licensing/entertainment businesses, especially related to managing licensing, production, marketing and business development.
- Strong broad based commercial acumen with ability to identify and plan for long term strategic growth while delivering on nearer term revenue targets
- Proven data analysis skills, including competitive analysis, with the ability to transform findings into easy to understand visual narratives that clearly articulate strategy, drive new initiatives, or communicate value propositions and tangible next steps to stakeholders
- Demonstrated keen judgment to make solid business decisions founded on market research
- Exceptional critical/strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid business acumen to support budgeting, negotiating, and evaluation of product specific P&L
- Superior communication skills with the ability to present and interact cross functionally with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated and inclusive collaborative leadership that motivates, inspires and embraces diversity.
- Proven ability to build critical internal and external partnerships
- Organizational savvy, able to effectively manage and influence within a matrix
- Bachelor Degree required
- MBA highly desirable
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.