Already applied?View Dashboard
Director of Asia GamesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 597844BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 01, 2018
Are you a game industry veteran who has always loved comics? Do you dream about making amazing games with the most iconic Super Heroes in the entire universe? If so, we may have the perfect job for you! Marvel Games is an IP-driven business leveraging a massive library of more than 8,000 super heroes and villains to create incredible games by partnering with the very best companies on Earth. We are looking for a Director of Asia Games to join the Marvel Games team and oversee our partnerships with the biggest game companies in Asia.
· Be the primary point of contact and chief problem solver for game development and publishing partners in Asia.
· Manage a small team of internal producers assigned to support the Asian games portfolio.
· Be the product owner, advocate, and evangelist for the games on your slate.
· Work closely with internal and external cross-functional groups to manage the entire lifecycle of your games from concept to release, and deliver great games that achieve franchise, financial, and strategic goals.
· Ensure that your games stay true to brand and make best use of the incredibly rich IP within the Marvel Universe.
· Proactively anticipate and mitigate risks as they pop up.
· Be the subject matter expert on game design and market trends in Asia.
· Bilingual – You speak English and Mandarin Chinese and are culturally fluent in Chinese business practices.
· A seasoned pro – You have at least seven years of experience in production or publishing roles at industry-leading game companies.
· A jack-of-all-trades – You are versatile and familiar with most aspects of game making and publishing: production, design, tech, sales, marketing, PR, analytics, monetization, and live ops.
· A mobile game connoisseur – You are well versed and passionate about current trends in mobile gaming.
· A subject matter expert - You have a deep understanding of mobile gaming and games-as-a-service live operations in Asian markets.
· A people person – You always seek to foster deeper and more productive relationships with the people around you, and you treat them the way you wish to be treated - within the team, within the company, and with all of our external partners. You understand that these relationships are built through effective, frequent, and timely communication with those you work. You communicate eloquently to your managers, peers and reports.
· Humble – We collaborate with the top game companies in the world, so ego has no place on this team. You understand that we succeed only through the success of others.
· Fire-and-forget – You take ownership over your projects and are always figuring out newer and better ways to do your job smarter, faster and more effectively.
· An optimizer – Marvel has a bottom-line focused, lean, fast, startup-like culture. You need to be willing to wear many hats, but in exchange, you get the freedom to accomplish amazing things.
· Passionate about Marvel – We are crazy about our Super Heroes across all mediums: games, comics, toys, film, TV, and many others. You are too.
· At least seven years of experience in increasingly demanding roles as a Producer or other production, development, or partnership management positions at industry-leading game companies.
· Shipped at least two or more market leading mobile titles with successful live operations components.
· Experience leading a team or managing direct reports in a dynamic environment.
Required EducationBA / BS Degree or higher
You will need to send:
· Your resume
· A cover letter which should include your answers to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Marvel Entertainment?
- Which game development or publishing discipline are you a master of and why?
- In your opinion, which game is the greatest super hero game of all time? Why?
- If you could be any Marvel Super Hero or Villain, which one would you choose and why?
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.