Already applied?View Dashboard
Director of Business Development & Product Strategy, Marvel GamesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700047BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Aug. 23, 2019
We are Marvel Games – home of the team that partners with the mightiest companies on Earth to bring groundbreaking games to market. We are looking for a highly experienced, driven and well-organized professional to join our energetic, fast-paced team as a Director of Business Development & Product Strategy.
- Take point in managing all the business needs of our ever-growing live games portfolio and work with partners across multiple titles on mobile, console and PC platforms
- Compile and analyze KPI data that we receive from our live games partners to prepare periodical reports and provide tactical guidance for business, production and executive teams
- Collaborate with the finance team to prepare product and business-level forecasts, analyze market comps to build trend analyses using NPD and App Annie data
- Review, process, enter and track legal contracts to assist the business development process
- Perform and present analyses on various strategic objectives, whether be new tech or IP trends
- Work with other Marvel LOBs such as New Media, Publishing, Consumer Products, and act as the main business-side liaison for international teams across TWDC for Marvel Games
- Handle other increasingly challenging projects as appropriate
Basic Qualifications:YOU ARE/HAVE:
- An irresistible calling to work in the games industry
- A love of working with numbers as much as with people from diverse backgrounds
- A constant habit of going above and beyond what is required in any given situation
- Comfortable with navigating ambiguity by leveraging structural/creative thinking and keen to identify/create new opportunities
- 8+ years of directly applicable work experience in games business development, product management or digital publishing/platforms
- A fundamental understanding of the mobile games market, prevalent KPIs and market dynamics as well as proficiency with tools such as App Annie
- A highly analytical, “whiteboard-eager” mindset and an insights-fueled, hypothesis-driven approach to identifying, gathering and analyzing industry trends
- The ability to empathize and work with people from other disciplines — whether it’s finance, legal, production, operations, creative or franchise research.
- A deep familiarity with and appreciation of Marvel IP
- A background in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking or TMT company
- International experience – specifically in China, Korea and Southeast Asia
- An MBA from a top-tier business program
Additional Information:YOU WILL NEED TO SEND:
- Your 1-page Resume
- A Cover Letter which should include answers to following questions:
- Why are you pursuing a career in Games? (200-word limit)
- What’s your Marvel story? (200-word limit)
- What’s your favorite game ever and why? (200-word limit)
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years, honestly? (200-word limit)
- Which accomplishment are you most proud of so far? (200-word limit)
- What games are you currently playing and what do you like about them?
- If you can be any Marvel Super Hero or Super Villain, which one would you choose and why?
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.