Already applied?View Dashboard
Director of Strategic Initiatives, Marvel AsiaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636839BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Job Summary:Are you an entertainment industry veteran who has always loved Marvel comics? Are you multi-lingual and have deep expertise in Asian markets? Do you dream about helping to create amazing products and experiences with the most iconic Super Heroes in the entire universe? If so, we may have the perfect job for you! Marvel Entertainment is an IP-driven business leveraging a massive library of more than 8,000 super heroes and villains to create incredible products by partnering with the very best companies on Earth. We have grand ambitions and a long-term vision to massively expand our footprint in Asia, and we are looking for a rock star to join our team to help make this a reality!
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to develop country-specific growth strategies for all Marvel LOBs, including Merchandise, Television, Parks, Comics, Games, and New Media.
- Be the Asian region advocate, evangelist, and expert resource for Marvel leadership.
- Act as the primary point of contact and communication hub for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Track, consolidate, and report Marvel’s qualitative and quantitative growth and progress across all LOBs.
Basic Qualifications:You are:
- Multi-lingual and multi-cultural: You speak English and Mandarin Chinese and are culturally fluent in Chinese business practices. Ability to also speak Japanese and/or Korean is a major plus.
- A seasoned pro: You have at least seven years of experience in increasingly demanding roles at industry-leading entertainment companies, ideally with stints at various business units.
- A subject matter expert - You have a deep understanding of consumer trends and tastes in Asian markets, including China, Korea, Japan, India, and Southeast Asia.
- A people person – You always seek to foster deeper and more productive relationships with the people around you, and you treat them the way you wish to be treated - within the company and with all of our external partners. You understand that these relationships are built through effective, frequent, and timely communication with those you work. You communicate eloquently to everyone you work with.
- Humble – We collaborate with the top entertainment companies in the world, so ego has no place on this team. You understand that we succeed only through the success of others.
- Fire-and-forget – You take ownership over your initiatives and are always figuring out newer and better ways to do your job smarter, faster and more effectively.
- An optimizer – Marvel has a bottom-line focused, lean, fast, startup-like culture. You need to be willing to wear many hats, but in exchange, you get the freedom to accomplish amazing things.
- Passionate about Marvel – We are crazy about our Super Heroes across all mediums: games, comics, toys, film, TV, and many others. You are too.
- At least seven years of experience in increasingly demanding roles at industry-leading entertainment companies.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
Additional Information:Please make sure to include a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Marvel Entertainment?
- What is your greatest super power? Give an example of how you deployed that super power to achieve victory at work.
- If you could be any Marvel Super Hero or Villain, which one would you choose and why?
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.