Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Residuals – Enterprise ControllershipApply Now Apply Later Job ID 702291BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
The Company’s Enterprise Controllership Organization is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support our business partners’ decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
The Director of Residuals is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all residuals obligations for The Walt Disney Company. The leadership position is the key role for the management, analysis, interpretation, reporting and payment of all guild obligations (e.g. DGA, SAG-AFTRA, WGA, AFM, IATSE, etc.). Responsibilities include managing the day-to-day operation of processing guild obligations, partnering with our business units on residuals analysis and forecasting, and supporting guild inquiries and audits.
The position reports to the Vice President, Participations & Residuals and works closely with the Walt Disney Studios and Disney/ABC Television Labor Relations Departments. The position also works closely with the Casting Administration, Payroll, Participations, Accounting, Production and Distribution departments.
- Management and preparation of all guild reporting and payments for The Walt Disney Company
- Partner with our business units on residuals analyses, deal estimates and forecasts
- Partner with Labor Relations and Business Affairs on analyses and recommendations for guild and talent negotiations
- Collaborate with IT on development, enhancement, testing of residuals and other support systems
- 10-15 years of residual/guild experience
- Expert knowledge of guild agreements
- Must have extensive experience in determining, calculating and paying the residual obligations for theatrical, television, made for SVOD and made for cable products
- Excellent project management skills
- Anticipate and plan for the impact of new guild rules resulting from contract negotiations
- Display strategic thinking to accommodate business needs in changing film and television landscape
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues from multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage and develop teams
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Certified Public Accountant a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.