Director, Slate ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 779495BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 26, 2021
- Tracks all content opportunities for Disney+ throughout lifecycles.
- Partners closely with Disney+ Programming to optimize content pipeline.
- Represents Disney+/Star/Star+ in conversations with creative partners across TWDC to discuss development plans, content slots, and creative decisions that could have an impact on timing and performance on Disney+.
- Establishes programming intent in partnership with executive leadership, international partners, and programming and operations teams.
- Establish new processes, procedures, and methods that improve slate planning outcomes. Lead and mentor direct report and junior members of team.
- 8+ years of experience in development, content planning, development and/or programming strategy
- Must have experience running effective teams consisting of multiple disciplines
- Strong ability to synthesize data with creative inputs to yield strategic insights
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple demands at once
- Demonstrated experience creating and delivering presentations that effectively communicate solutions and open items for partners and leadership
- Proven attention to detail
- Needs to be an effective, collaborative, communicator, with an ability to lead through influence rather than by hierarchy.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.