Director, Social & Digital MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 799031BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 03, 2021
The Director, Social & Digital Marketing will be responsible for programming, analyzing, maintaining, publishing and ultimately growing an audience across all social platforms for Lucasfilm, Star Wars, and their respective franchises. This role will manage a team of social media managers and strategists responsible for creating and deploying multiple editorial calendars at once across a wide breadth of platforms while also collaborating with Content Programming and Program Management. In addition, this position will coordinate daily with our various lines of business on cross-company social media initiatives. As a brand steward, it will be critical in this role that you properly reflect the brand integrity, safety, and diversity for our brands and businesses. The expectation for this team’s overall output is to be the highest quality in the industry. With these truly global brands and business, a critical part of this role will be liaising with the many social teams in territories around the world. This role requires advanced skills in strategy, multiplatform content planning, relationship building, an incredible attention to detail, and a deep understanding of the ever-evolving social landscape.
Responsibilities:Social Editorial & Strategy
- Create and implement the overall editorial strategy & cadence for a massive network of social media properties and platforms, creating a long-term and cross-functional planning process in collaboration with teams’ Content Programming and Program Management leadership
- Oversee & manage content and platform prioritization based on business objectives and ensuring that all editorial planning and publishing results in year-over-year in terms of team’s earned media value.
- Build out measurement and reporting cadence infrastructure in collaboration with Central Analytics team.
- Lead implementation of key strategic frameworks in brand and 365 sustain social strategy with the ability to develop end-to-end solutions with social and business priorities at heart.
- Collaborate across department to ensure all assets, strategies, goals, and timelines are met
- Create and maintain frameworks and guidelines to power the department’s editorial planning, community management, planned & reactive publishing and measurement cadence in collaboration with other senior leaders at Lucasfilm, Studios, and DMED.
- Collaborate with Studios, Franchise and Publicity executives across all titles and projects in sustain across the Lucasfilm portfolio
- Create synergies and optimize workflows between social and other senior stakeholders across TWDC that will need to leverage Star Wars and Lucasfilm portfolio platforms
- Work closely with a variety of executives throughout the company in order to retain brand & legal approval on the daily social media content being published by our group.
- Implement and continue to hone the process around our various publishing tools, security systems and the moderation we employ around social commentary in collaboration with Central Team. Given the volume of content being published and the value of brand safety for the company, this is an incredibly important part of this role.
- Socializing our operational practices with global teams and reviewing/approving all content featuring our IP, talent, and brands
- 8+ years of experience in the social strategy & implementation space; at least 3 years team management experience consisting of various disciplines with ability to develop strong teams.
- Highly experienced in editorial operations and social media publishing strategy
- Multiple years working on global brand or franchise marketing and development
- Must have tactical knowledge of all relevant social media platforms, features, and industry best practices
- Operational understanding of publishing platforms and security systems
- Demonstrated experience in a highly matrixed global media or tech organization with experience managing executive stakeholder relationships
- Has a strategic, global mindset and understands the impact of new technology
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas; prioritizes team building and diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Keynote, Word, Google docs, Excel and experience with PowerPoint.
- Strong communications & presentation skills, business process, analysis of industry trends, worldwide marketing experience, and knowledge of new media.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.