Director Strategic Operations - CTO OfficeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 645547BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 14, 2019
Job Summary:The Director, Office of the CTO will support the Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of the Disney Parks Experience and Products segment for The Walt Disney Company. The Global CTO leads a large and diverse Technology and Digital group across the U.S., Asia, and Europe in support of all the businesses across the segment – including theme parks, resorts, cruise line, vacation ownership, retail, food and beverage, attractions, operations, products, e-commerce, licensing and publishing. This role will have a high degree of responsibility to understand, articulate and to execute upon key strategic Technology and Digital initiatives and projects. The ideal candidate possesses strategic, analytical, interpersonal, communication, project management and team leadership skills.
- Support the CTO with facilitating the execution of organizational priorities through coordination, communications and project management
- Lead and manage strategic projects, working with internal and external stakeholders to drive projects to completion
- Understand priorities and dependencies, as well as short term strategies and lay out project plans
- Provide ongoing status updates, track work-streams and ensure progress is being made and deadlines are met
- Lead research, stakeholder coordination, content development and preparation for high-level presentations to senior leaders
- Act as an integration point for implementation of HR processes and business cycle activities. Ensure coordination of common connection points and integration with key functional partners (HR, Finance, Site Senior Leaders, Commercial Strategy, etc.)
- Manage the technology project/strategy/planning/status communications for DPEP Technology and Digital including design and development of sr. executive presentations
- Oversee initiatives related to organization’s culture, including recognition & events, town halls, technology events e.g. hackathons, and community relations development
- Work in partnership to design and execute work sessions and sr. leader meetings
- Forecast and manage the Office of the CTO budget including Cast Recognition
- Work effectively with other executives and team members within DPEP Technology and Digital
- Manage relationships across organizational hierarchies, from assistants to SVPs, to advance key technology and digital initiatives
- Coordinate presentations and assist as necessary with critical meetings and speaking engagements
- Work closely with HR and Internal Communications to ensure the CTO priorities around people and leadership are represented
- Keep apprised of/plan future communication “events”, and partner with Internal Communications to ensure all communication is delivered on time, accurately and in the tone and messaging that reflects the CTO
- Accompany CTO to critical business meetings to ensure appropriate support and follow up
- Travel as necessary to meetings and events, to provide advanced prep to ensure trips are productive and meet the business objectives
- When needed, confirm objectives for meetings, recommend participants, confirm participants are prepared, and provide background to the CTO
- During meetings, capture major takeaways and work with the team to ensure follow up
- Coordinate with/supervise the administrative support for the CTO, ensuring that work and schedules are in alignment with critical priorities
- Plan and execute senior team events
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of progressive work experience; preferably in a Technology organization
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience leading teams
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organization skills with the ability to drive projects to completion
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence in the absence of direct control
- Demonstrated ability to network extensively and build successful relationships internally and externally at all levels of management
- Demonstrated deep commitment to personal character, optimism, and professional excellence
- Expert project management skills with a track record of driving results
- Highly detail oriented, strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and adjust quickly to shifting priorities and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm, composed and purpose-driven under stress and uncertainty
- Demonstrated ability to maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents to include but not limited to data, conversations, information, etc.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly charged executive environment, and the ability to discern when to act independently, while representing the CTO office
- Excellent communication skills in presenting complex information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to be self-reliant, self-motivated and resourceful to lead processes that may not be clearly defined and are constantly evolving with an action-oriented mindset
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills for developing high-level presentations for senior executive audiences
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Demonstrated business and technology savviness, confidence and relationship management skills to interface with all levels of the Disney organization
- Strong digital communication savviness e.g. social media. etc.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short term and long term challenges
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced degree or MBA
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.