Director, Transaction SupportApply Now Apply Later Job ID 695982BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
The Director is a subject matter expert of generally accepted accounting policies and the application of these to complex transactions, mergers or other unusual business arrangements. The director is responsible for leading the processes and controls associated with the identification, documentation, communication and implementation of proposed and new accounting standards. You will also lead and maintain standardized accounting policies and practices across Disney divisions (including new acquisitions such as 21CF).
The successful candidate needs to have a proven record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated ability to anticipate and surface issues, solve problems, recommend solutions and exercise good judgment. The candidate should have a strong business acumen coupled with broad technical accounting experience along with strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between the business and finance.
- Research and evaluate the accounting for new, complex or unusual transactions, including contracts with vendors and customers
- Review contracts and develop accounting positions as well as lead partnerships with business unit finance teams in evaluating the financial statement impacts of new or proposed transactions
- Lead the development of solutions or alternatives & drive issues through to resolution, including consultation with the auditors
- Document and communicate the accounting for complex transactions (both technical and operational accounting considerations
- Lead the update & harmonization of accounting policies across the expanded Disney organization
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard-setting bodies to ensure timely identification of emerging accounting pronouncements and provide interpretation of new accounting pronouncements in order to assist management in assessing financial and operational implications
- Lead the identification, communication and implementation of new accounting standards, including evaluation and documentation of technical and operational accounting considerations. Liaise with outside auditors on new standards
- Build and strengthen working relationships and service levels for Transaction Support with a highly professional client service orientation
- Engage in active development of the controllership team members you lead and interact with
- Ten (10) year(s) of accounting experience at a large complex organization and/or seven (7) years of Public Accounting including leading and managing complex projects or programs with outcome focused deliverables;
- Three (3) years of managerial experience
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management.
- Must be an excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with CPA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.